Nr Dulverton, Somerset
374 acres Map ref: LR 181 960300
Season: 14 March – 31 October 2016 (Bank fishing only until 30 November)
This nationally renowned lake is regularly stocked with Rainbows up to 8lb to ensure excellent sport.
Fly fishing only.
There is a good mayfly hatch in late June/early July, whilst buzzer fishing gives good sport throughout the season.
Fibreglass fishing boats are available (four with 4-stroke petrol outboards). Advanced booking is essential to guarantee availability.
- Flyaking, come and fish from a Kayak bring your own or hire ours.
- The wheelyboat for disabled anglers should be booked 48 hours in advance via the Wimbleball Activities Centre.
- A ‘Catch and release’ option is available (barbless hooks must be used).
- Wimbleball Fly Fishers organises competitions and social events based at the fishery throughout the year.
- The South West Fishing For Life project for women recovering from breast cancer is also based at Wimbleball.
South West Lakes Trust holds the annual ‘Wimbleball 2000′ boat pairs competition at Wimbleball every September – please see our fishing diary for more details.
Wimbleball is a Troutmaster Water, and a member of the Association of Stillwater Game Fishery Managers.
Day permits are available from the self-service kiosk on site at the Activities Centre.
Season tickets available from the Activities Centre on site or from Summerland’s Tackle, Tel: 01237 471291.
Biggest Fish 2011: 9lb 2oz
Rod Average 2011: 3.6
Other activities on site include a variety of watersports, including hire and tuition, a children’s play area, toilets and showers, a cafe selling refreshments and gifts, walks, birdwatching, and camping.
For more information and boat bookings
Wimbleball Activities Centre Tel: 01398 371460